Credit is essential for the continuation of capitalism but also a major source of its instability, writes the MARX MEMORIAL LIBRARY.
The March 2018 Italian elections open a chaotic period the outcome of which remains uncertain. Only a few years ago, the country was among the most “Euro-phile.” Now, the population is “Euro-skeptic” at level of 50% or more.
One Marxist line of inquiry into environmental problems has outshone all others in creativity and productivity: the theory of the metabolic rift.
The crisis is not merely geopolitical. It is human. 75 million people live in the peninsula. This is about their lives and futures.
- Is another world possible? March 21, 2018
- Enclosed thinking March 21, 2018
- Does capitalism depend on credit? March 21, 2018
- Nervous about Russia March 20, 2018
- Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, LOADED & Gregg Levine on Fukushima Daichi radiation March 20, 2018
- The March 2018 Italian elections: suicide of the left, resurgence of fascism, and chaos March 20, 2018
- Half a year on from Hurricane Maria, many Puerto Ricans lack running water and electricity March 19, 2018
- Utopia and healthcare (part 2) March 19, 2018
- In defence of Metabolic Rift Theory March 18, 2018
- French ruling elite brays for war in Syria amid U.S.-UK threats against Russia March 17, 2018
- Imperialism today: a critical assessment of Latin American dependency theory March 17, 2018
- Is Marxism science? Part 1: Darwin, Marx and the scientific method March 16, 2018
- The Skripal poisoning: What lies behind UK-US ultimatums against Russia? March 16, 2018
- Willetts the conqueror (part 1): market populism March 16, 2018
- The market can’t solve a massacre March 16, 2018
- Crisis in the Korean Peninsula March 15, 2018
- Washington’s century-long war on Russia March 15, 2018
- Biofinance March 15, 2018
- New CIA director Gina Haspel oversaw torture at a black site then lost evidence of it March 14, 2018
- Willetts the conqueror (part 3): human capital March 14, 2018
- Notes from the future March 14, 2018
- New faces and not policies March 14, 2018
- A Review of The Young Karl Marx March 13, 2018
- 2008 financial collapse all over again…? We need to understand the student loan speculation bubble March 13, 2018