Defenders of capitalism, joined by some on the left, are attacking the young woman who has become the symbol of a mass movement. Our place is by her side.
Even thirty years have not accustomed all ex-GDR citizens to seeing youngsters in the streets with their ragged dogs and paper cups for charitable donations, concert violinists begging money with Mozart in cold subway stations or, on icy nights, homeless huddled figures in sleeping bags on the stations’ concrete floors.
Though the voices of rural women in India are some of the least heard, they are not mere passive victims. Many rural women strongly condemn their marginalization and pauperization—highlighting the flawed and biased developmental polices of the state, which they hold largely responsible for their hardships.
Erdogan’s government is preparing to enter Syria for a major military operation against the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), which is made up largely of Kurdish factions who set up this armed force to defend the mainly Kurdish enclave in northern Syria.
- FX & Imperialism October 14, 2019
- Impeachment watch October 14, 2019
- Hands off Greta Thunberg! October 14, 2019
- It is time to try out an “ecological Leninism” – Interview with Andreas Malm October 12, 2019
- Major media bury groundbreaking studies of Pentagon’s massive carbon bootprint October 12, 2019
- It’s time to add global justice to XR’s demands October 12, 2019
- The Berlin Wall thirty years later October 11, 2019
- Defying repression, tens of thousands of Ecuadorians take part in national strike October 11, 2019
- If you take away freedom, all four seasons and I will die October 11, 2019
- Inside the “Anthropocene” film October 11, 2019
- Struggle for climate change is a struggle against capitalism October 11, 2019
- Under capitalism, even water is a tool of oppression October 11, 2019
- Climate Justice in India: A critical overview October 11, 2019
- The two faces of the UN October 9, 2019
- A green Earth with peace and room for us all October 9, 2019
- Speech on ‘Environmental Protections’ by Karl Liebknecht October 9, 2019
- Navigating educational empowerment through life conditions: A study of rural women in Indian Punjab October 8, 2019
- What to expect from Turkey’s coming invasion of Syria October 8, 2019
- Spooks turned Spox: U.S. media now filled with former intelligence agents October 8, 2019
- Oil lobbyists attempt to influence pipeline safety legislation to further criminalize pipeline protests October 8, 2019
- The Corporate Democrats’ (and Alicia Garza’s) get-Sanders slanders October 8, 2019
- When Ukraine’s Prosecutor came after his son’s sponsor Joe Biden sprang into action October 7, 2019
- State of exception in Ecuador amid strong protests October 7, 2019
- How Venezuela defeated Washington’s coup attempt at the United Nations October 7, 2019