The potential mass appeal of the Freedom Budget failed to materialize in part because “realistic” compromises were made by its supporters: partisans of the Green New Deal should not make the same mistake.
There are signs of a new tanker war in the Persian Gulf, with Britain joining a coalition that wants a war with Iran.
Based on remarks by Mr Luiz Awazu Pereira da Silva, Deputy General Manager of the BIS, at the Conference of the Central Banks and Supervisors Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS), Paris, 17 April 2019.
There is no global social unity in the face of climate disaster. Yet we need a genuinely internationalist rebellion against the corporations at the extractive imperialist heart of British capitalism. Their extinction as a species is required to save the planet.
- U.S. economic warfare and likely foreign defenses July 23, 2019
- The ruling class does rule July 23, 2019
- Cuba witnesses Nation’s first transgender marriage July 23, 2019
- Today’s struggle for a Green New Deal: Lessons from the Freedom Budget of the 1960s July 22, 2019
- A conversation with Aijaz Ahmad: ‘The state is taken over from within’ July 22, 2019
- Debt update July 22, 2019
- Hubris before the fall July 22, 2019
- Kamala Harris has a distinguished career of serving injustice July 20, 2019
- Fukushima: an ongoing disaster July 20, 2019
- The art of Frida Kahlo July 20, 2019
- The UK’s dubious role in the new tanker war with Iran July 19, 2019
- Rainforest on fire July 19, 2019
- Massive protests in Puerto Rico seek governor’s resignation and an end to colonization July 19, 2019
- Revolutions are not the train ride, but the human race grabbing for the emergency brake July 19, 2019
- The Lasalin massacre and the human rights crisis in Haiti July 18, 2019
- Imperialism in a coffee cup July 18, 2019
- An extraordinary Twitter exchange with Richard Tol July 18, 2019
- Britain is following Trump and escalating the threat of war with Iran July 17, 2019
- Personal data–the skyscraper of data you knew nothing about July 17, 2019
- States collaborating with the far-Right July 17, 2019
- Global Britain’s real climate changers: Big Oil must be taken down July 17, 2019
- BBC Panorama hatchet job on Labour antisemitism is a farce July 16, 2019
- Science group opposes planned immigration raids, mistreatment of immigrants July 16, 2019
- De-dollarizing the American financial empire July 16, 2019