The Marxism 2018 festival, hosted by the Socialist Workers Party (SWP), took place last week in a context of deepening political polarisation across the world.
The urgent task of defeating the right in the upcoming elections cannot come at the price of compromising the future. If the new radical left fails to put forward a clear critique of Lula’s legacy the dissatisfaction with the intrinsic limits of neo-developmentalism will be easily captured by new voices on the right.
The savings that states have projected from Medicaid work requirements come from reducing Medicaid coverage rather than by lifting people out of poverty.
This is a spot-on history of the birth of the American empire. But beyond recounting the regional and national events celebrated on the monument, re-viewing the Texas revolution in a world-historical perspective offers a far more insightful understanding of the conflict that occurred in northern Mexico in the 19th century.
- Helsinki talks – how Trump tries to rebalance the Global Triangle July 21, 2018
- The relationship between racism and capitalism July 21, 2018
- Marxian theory & eco-revolution – Prof. John Bellamy Foster July 21, 2018
- Trump kills science: nature strikes back July 20, 2018
- The League Against Imperialism (1927-37): An early attempt at global anti-colonial unity July 20, 2018
- The narrative is still Lula July 20, 2018
- Τhe structural, fundamental factors pushing western capitalism into producing totalitarianism and war. The role of Trump and the neocons (first of three articles) July 19, 2018
- Craig Murray: Detente bad–Cold War good July 19, 2018
- Ocasio-Cortez hedges criticisms of Israel– ‘I may not use the right words’ July 19, 2018
- Blood, breastmilk, and dirt: Silvia Federici and feminist materialism in international law (Part 2) July 18, 2018
- On capital-imperialism: an interview with Virgínia Fontes July 18, 2018
- Anti-imperialist comeback: an interview with Torkil Lauesen July 18, 2018
- Nicaragua is now the target July 17, 2018
- All strikes of public sector workers are now political strikes July 17, 2018
- Blood, breastmilk, and dirt: Silvia Federici and feminist materialism in international law (Part 1) July 17, 2018
- American companies pay for Trump’s trade war with China July 16, 2018
- After Trump pushed NATO members to spend more, Lockheed doubles production as orders “explode” July 16, 2018
- UK anti-Trump protesters reject racism, bigotry and Xenophobia July 16, 2018
- Obama and Democrats share the blame for Trump’s Supreme Court July 14, 2018
- NYT sees ‘dystopia’ in Chinese surveillance—which looks a lot like U.S. surveillance July 14, 2018
- Ireland to become first country to divest from fossil fuels July 14, 2018
- “They’ve been doing this massive, anti-democratic model of education reform” July 13, 2018
- Marxism and human nature July 13, 2018
- Venezuela — after the elections: what is to be done? July 13, 2018