Colonial timber management and capitalist land use has produced the wildfire crisis we see today. Prescribed Indigenous burning is a viable preventative solution to high severity wildfire but its success hinges on the fight by Indigenous socialists and grassroots organizers for Tribal sovereignty, land restitution, and the creation of a new prescribed fire workforce.
Alicia Castro does not shy away from her views. She came to diplomacy from the trade union movement, where she was a leader when she was a flight attendant with Aerolíneas Argentinas.
The week of hearings has heard evidence that exposes the charges against Assange as trumped-up and even ridiculous.
The victory in first round of the Movement towards Socialism (MAS) party in Bolivia, according to an exit poll, has generated several reactions on Monday after surpassing what was expected in the polls.
- Indigenous solutions to California’s capitalist conflagrations October 23, 2020
- Paradise for human victims of corporate persons October 23, 2020
- COVID and the trade-off October 23, 2020
- Karl Marx’s debt to people of African descent October 23, 2020
- Marx, Engels and metabolic rift – Part Two October 23, 2020
- Marx, Engels and Metabolic Rift – Part One October 22, 2020
- Indonesia’s return to an authoritarian developmental state October 22, 2020
- Mauritian PM labels UK and U.S. ‘hypocrites’ over Chagos Islands dispute October 22, 2020
- The Bolivian right: Divided, without leadership October 22, 2020
- Argentina’s veteran ambassador makes a stand for the sovereignty of Latin America October 21, 2020
- Daniel Ellsberg on the Assange extradition and growing fascism October 21, 2020
- Zero Covid: Our way out October 21, 2020
- ‘Exhausted, angry and worried sick!’: French health workers protest October 21, 2020
- Capitalism, slavery, and economic white supremacy October 21, 2020
- Media responds with apathy, disappointment as U.S.-backed coup Gov’t concedes defeat in Bolivia October 21, 2020
- Putting the ‘e’ in revolution October 20, 2020
- Neoliberal ‘Omnibus Law’ sparks rebellion in Indonesia October 20, 2020
- One hundred years of Indian communism October 20, 2020
- Competing with Nature: COVID-19 as a capitalist virus October 20, 2020
- MAS election victory in Bolivia generates wide repercussion October 19, 2020
- Hours before Bolivia goes the polls, early results system suspended, military mobilization in La Paz October 19, 2020
- Engagement for environment October 19, 2020
- COVID-19 economic crisis snapshot October 19, 2020
- Chavismo and the Left: A conversation with Reinaldo Iturriza (Part II) October 19, 2020