The payment of Mr. Guaidó’s representatives is a serious conflict of interest. Does the Guaidó team represent the Venezuelan people or the interests of the government that is paying their salaries? It is a point worth reiterating: a foreign politician is being paid by the United States to influence policy in the United States.
The main impeachment thrust aims at minor events in the Ukraine. The whole approach ignores, indeed covers over the fact, that the whole U.S. policy of violently turning the Ukraine into a U.S.-dominated satrapy and advanced base was achieved by a Democratic administration.
For 60 years Ireland has based its economy on attracting in foreign direct investment. And what’s has it got to show for it? One of the highest per capita national debts in the world and one of the highest rent regimes in the world.
If human agency, driven by a model of economics and development gone berserk, is a major driving factor in the changes upon us, there is plenty to be learned from this region and many like it.
- USAID funds salaries of Venezuelan politicians as it doubles down on the coup October 21, 2019
- Thoughts on impeachment October 21, 2019
- Phony progressives follow Trump lead on Venezuela October 19, 2019
- The U.S. armed and funded extremists in Syria October 19, 2019
- More than 30,000 teachers and staff strike in Chicago, Illinois October 19, 2019
- WSJ, NYT celebrate ‘Shale Revolution’ for Investor class, despite its leading to our doom October 19, 2019
- Socialist feminism and the Communal State October 19, 2019
- The IMF does not fight financial fires but douses them with gasoline October 19, 2019
- Grassroots Communication fights back! A conversation with Jessica Pernia October 16, 2019
- What the New Deal can teach us about winning a Green New Deal: Part V—summing up the New Deal experience October 16, 2019
- Denmark’s Red-Greens: what answers when the climate crisis shakes up politics? October 16, 2019
- Ireland is a racket (for foreign capital) October 16, 2019
- Back to the wall October 15, 2019
- Marx on the metabolic rift: how capitalism cuts us off from nature October 15, 2019
- The false balance between fascists and antifascists October 15, 2019
- Dossier 21: The neoliberal attack on rural India October 15, 2019
- The IMF convenes in Washington, deaf to the suffering it causes across the planet October 15, 2019
- No Depression in Heaven with Alison Collis Greene October 15, 2019
- FX & Imperialism October 14, 2019
- Impeachment watch October 14, 2019
- Hands off Greta Thunberg! October 14, 2019
- It is time to try out an “ecological Leninism” – Interview with Andreas Malm October 12, 2019
- Major media bury groundbreaking studies of Pentagon’s massive carbon bootprint October 12, 2019
- It’s time to add global justice to XR’s demands October 12, 2019