The sight of thick-skulled, Nazi-tattooed thugs growling threats as they stormed through the city center, chasing and beating up presumed “foreigners,” unfriendly journalists or any other foes; invoked memories of Charlottesville a year ago—or Germany in the 1930’s.
Ten eventful days in Germany set alarm signals clanging louder and louder—worst of all in the East German state of Saxony—but in Berlin as well!
Longtime revolutionary activist Kwame Somburu made it a point throughout his life to stress the “scientific” in socialist. During a time of confusion regarding what socialism is, Kwame’s insistence has never been more crucial.
The only thing that could alter this dire situation, all over the world, is the rise of another power in society. We need not millions but hundreds of millions of people, necessarily predominantly working class, in the street day in and day out.
- Labour unveils plan for a financial transactions tax on 10th anniversary of Lehman Brothers collapse September 18, 2018
- Censored documentary exposes Israel’s attack on Black Lives Matter September 18, 2018
- Maduro’s Beijing visit spooks a U.S. plotting Venezuela’s isolation September 18, 2018
- 5 reasons not to vaccinate your child September 17, 2018
- Review of River of Dark Dreams September 17, 2018
- Stop blaming workers for Trump’s right-wing authoritarianism September 17, 2018
- A Party with Socialists in It September 17, 2018
- There is no refugee crisis. There is only a crisis of humanity September 15, 2018
- The New York Times Editorial opposing military intervention in Venezuela may do more harm than good September 15, 2018
- U.S. public school teachers: declining pay, growing militancy September 14, 2018
- Venezuela poses no ‘threat to the world’—but WaPo’s claim that it does is dangerous September 14, 2018
- For greenhouse gases, half is not good enough September 14, 2018
- ‘Don’t worry, said father. Mother served the constables tea’ September 13, 2018
- Starving off-camera: in Yemen 20 Million fuel the Saudi-U.S.-NATO war machine September 13, 2018
- Why clubbing employment and work in India is misleading September 13, 2018
- What makes an Urban Naxal? September 12, 2018
- Race, class and social strategy September 12, 2018
- Sadly, there is no strike wave September 12, 2018
- We love the CIA!—or how the left lost its mind September 11, 2018
- Marronage meets Bolivarian Socialism: Maroon Comix, a Review September 11, 2018
- By inviting and disinviting Bannon, New Yorker fell into its own trap September 11, 2018
- Crackdown On Dissent is Dangerous September 10, 2018
- The UK government is being shamed in the Hague over its colonial record (again) September 10, 2018
- Hate and hope September 9, 2018