Why wasn’t Marx’s concept of metabolic rift recognized until recently? Changed circumstances, unpublished works, and bad translations all played a role.
Kim Jong Un’s meeting with Moon Jae-In and the coming summit with Donald Trump do not constitute a volte-face by the North Korean leader.
This a very professional movie made by a leftist director (Raul Peck), starring a number of rather good actors. It covers the time between 1842, when Marx was the chief editor of the Rheinische Zeitung, and early 1848, when the “Communist Manifesto” was finished.
A Donald-Bibi drama is being staged; each is playing his part on cue. Only days after Netanyahu’s press conference attack on Iran, Trump tore up the U.S. copy of the Iran nuclear agreement.
- Karl Marx & the social sciences May 22, 2018
- The surprising popularity of ‘far Left’ policies May 22, 2018
- Unpersons May 22, 2018
- Meeting Marx: Chinese youth dig Marxism’s appeal May 21, 2018
- Corporate taxes and false promises: U.S. workers and the 2017 tax cuts and jobs act May 21, 2018
- Chavismo will be socialist or it will cease to exist May 21, 2018
- Marx and Metabolism: lost in translation? May 19, 2018
- On the eve of Venezuela’s elections, the U.S. empire isn’t sitting idly by May 19, 2018
- Ten Marxist ideas that define the 21st century May 19, 2018
- Palestinians bury their dead 70 years on from the Nakba May 18, 2018
- 200 Years later, why Marx remains relevant in an Indian context May 18, 2018
- “Bloody Gina,” the CIA, and the Senate May 18, 2018
- Trump and corporate America are dead serious about plans to conquer outer space May 17, 2018
- Dystopia: the live feed May 17, 2018
- Karl Marx: forgotten man in Russia May 17, 2018
- Kim Jong Un’s move from nuclearization to denuclearization? May 17, 2018
- Antonio Gramsci: Our Marx May 16, 2018
- Brzezinski’s ghost shapes Washington Eurasia geopolitics May 16, 2018
- China’s determined march towards the ecological civilization May 16, 2018
- Karl Marx in Bangladesh, Part 2 May 15, 2018
- About the movie The young Karl Marx May 15, 2018
- Bolivian President Evo Morales warns of plan ‘to invade Venezuela’ by U.S., OAS May 15, 2018
- Dangers and divisions May 14, 2018
- Iran sanctions, imperial problems May 14, 2018