Syria enters its eighth year of a bloody and unforgiving war. The death toll is catastrophic. After the number reached 200,000, the United Nations stopped keeping count.
Optimistic assessments of the synchronised recovery across the world economy ignore the factors driving the weak upturn that make it fragile.
In the five essays presented in October 1917, renowned radical political economist, Samir Amin, pushes far beyond the immediate necessity of emphasizing the historical weight of October, and launches, into an ambitiously broad analysis of the trajectory of twenty first-century socialism.
There are two kinds of on-going ‘attack’ on the materiality of the body (and nature) in capitalist society. A discursive attack inspired by post-structuralism; and an actual, objectively-existing, material attack by capital and its state. The latter is the focus of this article.
- Engels and women’s oppression April 26, 2018
- National Rifle Association brands U.S. teachers ‘lazy’ April 26, 2018
- Syria’s bloody and unforgiving war April 25, 2018
- Socialists are urgently looking for the future: American Marxist Mike Davis talks to Algerian journalist Mohsen Abdelmoumen April 25, 2018
- Public school teacher strikes show workplace organizing pays off April 25, 2018
- The true face of the global recovery April 24, 2018
- World employers report April 24, 2018
- On Rosa Parks’ tomahawk, or, the U.S. strikes in Syria April 24, 2018
- Public Radio’s McCarthyite smear of black activists shows danger of Russia panic April 23, 2018
- U.S., fearing unfavorable OPCW results, blames Russia for “hacking” Douma evidence April 23, 2018
- Why Marx? Why now? April 23, 2018
- Zone of storms April 22, 2018
- Exclusive emails show how the White Helmets tried to recruit Roger Waters with Saudi money April 22, 2018
- Delegitimising the British left April 21, 2018
- U.S. and its Allies refuse to recognise upcoming Venezuelan elections April 21, 2018
- Anti-materialism, capitalism, and violence against the human body: some preliminary comments April 20, 2018
- Chávez The Radical XIV: “we can’t convert everything we produce into merchandise” April 20, 2018
- BP slip-up says its all about big business and the environment April 20, 2018
- U.S.-UK-France bomb first ask questions later: a timeline of events in Syria April 20, 2018
- Stop fascism before it corrodes democracy April 19, 2018
- Debt and taxes April 19, 2018
- Karl Marx’s birth city sells ‘zero-euro’ bills for his 200th birthday April 19, 2018
- How the U.S. occupied the 30% of Syria containing most of its oil, water and gas April 18, 2018
- Cities without water April 18, 2018