Samir Amin’s works are not the only things he left behind. His legacy was a guide to those who want to change the world.
My Mis-Education in 3 Graphics is a document of the filmmaker’s darkly humorous journey through the mind-boggling constructs of mainstream economics.
Why a growing force in Brazil is charging that President Jair Bolsonaro has committed crimes against humanity
Jhuliana Rodrigues works as a nurse technician at the Hospital São Vicente in Jundiaí, Brazil. “It is very difficult,” she says of her job these days. Brazil has just passed 100,000 deaths from COVID-19, with 3 million Brazilians infected with the virus.
Trump’s rhetoric adheres to a longstanding tradition of political paranoia. To understand it, twenty-first century radicals could benefit from an unlikely source: the postwar writings of Richard Hofstadter.
- Bolivia’s perfect storm: Pandemic, economic crisis, repressive coup regime August 13, 2020
- ‘He was a militant till his last breath’ August 13, 2020
- Freedom Rider: TikTok and the War on China August 13, 2020
- A second Manifesto for the World Social Forum? From an Open Space to a Space for Action August 13, 2020
- Samir Amin August 13, 2020
- The organic intellectual: Remembering Samir Amin two years on August 13, 2020
- Leaked documents reveal what TikTok shares with authorities – In the U.S. August 12, 2020
- AEP 59: The American Trap sprung on Tiktok and Huawei, with Carl Zha August 12, 2020
- ‘What we’re seeing now is Jim Crow 2.0’ August 12, 2020
- Review of My Mis-Education in 3 Graphics August 12, 2020
- Why a growing force in Brazil is charging that President Jair Bolsonaro has committed crimes against humanity August 11, 2020
- The paranoid president August 11, 2020
- Twitter spreads paid U.S. gov’t propaganda while falsely claiming it bans state media ads August 11, 2020
- Evo Morales denounces latest coup plot, warns of an immanent massacre August 11, 2020
- Chart of the day August 11, 2020
- Frederick Engels August 11, 2020
- The Internationalist Lenin. Self-determination and anti-colonialism. August 10, 2020
- Robin Kelley on love, study, and struggle August 10, 2020
- Fanon and the ‘rationality of revolt’ August 10, 2020
- Western media’s favorite Hong Kong ‘freedom struggle writer’ is American ex-Amnesty staffer in yellowface August 10, 2020
- Lebanon explosion is an ecosocialist issue August 10, 2020
- How the U.S. failed at its foreign policy toward Venezuela August 9, 2020
- Trudeau government remains silent on corruption and repression in Haiti August 8, 2020
- Five graphic novels and cartoons to politicise and criticise August 8, 2020