The focus of corporate media is to preserve the status quo and the careers of those at sites of power. This is in part why racist double standards are a constant feature of corporate media coverage. But why is it so important to limit the revelations that racism is systemic?
A new, profoundly sinister nature is rapidly emerging from our fire rubble at the expense of landscapes we once considered sacred. Our imaginations can barely encompass the speed or scale of the catastrophe. Gone California, gone.
In Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward’s new book, Rage, he reports on interviews he did in February and March with U.S. President Donald Trump about the coronavirus.
Ups and downs in Germany are less dramatic than in Minsk or the USA, now suffering under the corona pandemic, terrifying forest fires and worrisome election-fever. But Germany, too, could veer left or right.
- The participation of UK corporate media in Black deaths September 18, 2020
- Medicare-for-All is a beginning, not the end point September 18, 2020
- Wise People Know That Winning a War Is No Better Than Losing One September 18, 2020
- Tale of two capitalisms September 18, 2020
- All eyes on Wet’suwet’en September 18, 2020
- A progressive prosecutor faces off with Portland’s aggressive police September 18, 2020
- The strategic aspects of the Great AgroVenezuela Mission September 17, 2020
- Gorgon Stare: A “persistent eye in the sky” may be coming to a City near you September 17, 2020
- Four centuries of infamy September 17, 2020
- 1978: Ernest Mandel – We must dream. Anticipation and hope as categories of historical materialism September 16, 2020
- Against advertising September 16, 2020
- CBC doubles down on erasing Palestine September 16, 2020
- Greta Thunberg champions the plight of climate refugees September 16, 2020
- California’s apocalyptic ‘second nature’ September 15, 2020
- The revolutionary answers of C.L.R. James September 15, 2020
- Contemporary relevance of Marxian economics September 15, 2020
- 1987: Ernest Mandel – On the potential of history September 15, 2020
- Oregon can’t fight wildfires because its helicopters were sent to Afghanistan September 15, 2020
- The difference between the U.S. and China’s response to COVID-19 is staggering September 14, 2020
- Which way? September 14, 2020
- The interconnectedness of everything-Capitalist contradictions and Marx’s metabolic rift theory September 14, 2020
- Eyewitness testimony: Death of Portland protester Michael Reinoehl was targeted assassination September 14, 2020
- CBC owes the people of Palestine an apology September 14, 2020
- A victory for students and parents: SPLC, allies win case blocking DeVos from diverting COVID-19 relief funds away from public schools September 14, 2020