The fragility of the Colombian peace accords and the reincorporation of ex-insurgents of the FARC-EP
In this article we discuss the (non-) implementation of the Colombian peace accords, based on a conference given by Victoria Sandino, a leading FARC figure. We also examine an initiative, Ecomun, to build peace through the construction of alternative economies in the Colombian countryside.
Germany’s feverish political scene cooled off just a little. Two big sighs of relief permitted some people, at least temporarily, to stop chewing their fingernails.
A five-year-old revolutionary movement in Nepal brings together program and commitment in a way that powerfully prefigures communist society.
John Pilger, investigative journalist and documentary film-maker, talks about the U.S.’ aggression in the Asia-Pacific region and the decline of its global dominance and says that a “new Cold War beckons isolation for the U.S. and danger for the rest of us”.
- Hungarians hit the street against ‘slave law’ that increases overtime December 18, 2018
- Every single member of U.S. Congress approved crushing sanctions on Nicaragua December 18, 2018
- The Yellow Vest movement strengthens in France December 18, 2018
- The fragility of the Colombian peace accords and the reincorporation of ex-insurgents of the FARC-EP December 17, 2018
- Chavez and the twilight of capitalism December 17, 2018
- William Blum, U.S. Policy critic derided by NYT, dies at 85 December 17, 2018
- Yellow-vest protests in France-an extraordinary political school December 17, 2018
- Legacies crucial for the commons December 16, 2018
- We have no choice but to live like human beings December 15, 2018
- Dollarization in the United States December 15, 2018
- Why are people hungry in North Carolina? December 14, 2018
- Towards a convergence of struggles in France? December 14, 2018
- PSUV sweeps local Council Elections, seizes historic opposition strongholds December 14, 2018
- Building a Marxist psychology December 13, 2018
- Cops in France brutalize high school students who join Yellow Vest protests December 13, 2018
- Sighs of relief December 12, 2018
- ‘Slave Bible’ converted slaves to Christianity by omitting parts that could lead to uprising December 12, 2018
- Marc Lamont Hill and the Legacy of Punishing Black Internationalists December 12, 2018
- The Nobel Prize for climate catastrophe December 12, 2018
- Alienation and Freedom December 11, 2018
- Young readers of Marx: BICENTENARY OF MARX’S BIRTH December 11, 2018
- Climate’s last stand: why Extinction Rebellion protesters are breaking the law (commentary) December 11, 2018
- A Marxist theory of women’s oppression December 10, 2018
- This economic policy has been a disaster, a calamity for the country’s public life December 10, 2018