Chapter 25 of Karl Marx’s, Capital, vol. 1 (“The General Law of Capitalist Accumulation”), not only explains the working conditions of the world’s peoples today; it also explains the conditions of our whole existence. Marx’s general law is nothing less than the lever upon which all our lives now pivot.
In 2017, the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) created a special unit—the Iran Mission Center—to focus attention on the U.S. plans against Iran. This predated the Trump administration.
We mourn the passing of our dear comrade, Marta Harnecker.
The war on Afghanistan has been ugly. Death is one consequence of war—2019 has been the deadliest year for civilians since the United States first began to bomb Afghanistan in 2001. Starvation is another—according to the UN, half of the population will need food assistance over the course of this year.
- Prosecution falters in poisoning of Flint water June 19, 2019
- Carbon markets in a climate-changing capitalism June 19, 2019
- Notes on Marx’s “General Law of Capitalist Accumulation” June 19, 2019
- Have you heard of the CIA’s Iran mission center? June 18, 2019
- Barbara Foley 21st Century Marxist literary criticism June 18, 2019
- Karl Marx II: An Analysis of my Father’s Chief Work June 18, 2019
- Chavez, a mirror of the people: a conversation with Edgar Perez June 18, 2019
- Behind the Syrian network for human rights: how an opposition front group became Western media’s go-to monitor June 18, 2019
- The limit does not exist June 18, 2019
- Without a shred of evidence, U.S. accuses Iran of attacking tankers June 18, 2019
- Marta Harnecker (1937-2019) June 16, 2019
- Capital and climate in the critique of the State June 15, 2019
- Disruption in the world of trade June 15, 2019
- Global inequality in a time of climate emergency June 15, 2019
- Be careful of the crooked smile of powerful people June 14, 2019
- The Unipolar Moment is over June 14, 2019
- Some critics argue that the Internal Colony Theory is outdated. Here’s why they’re wrong June 14, 2019
- Peace is a word that the West has taken from the Afghans June 13, 2019
- Chavez the Radical XXIV: “The Land Belongs to Those Who Work It, not to the Large Landowners” June 13, 2019
- Belgium Worker’s Party obtains excellent results in federal, regional and European elections June 13, 2019
- To survive: we need a global awakening much bigger than a “revolution,” much deeper than just ending capitalism June 13, 2019
- Capitalism, populism & crisis of liberalism June 12, 2019
- Workers unite online June 12, 2019
- Europe has no freedom but to choose “freedom gas” June 12, 2019