The National Front of Popular Resistance (FNRP) informs the Honduran population and the international community:
1. We will hold a national consultation to call for an Inclusive and Popular National Constituent Assembly. The planned date of the consultation is 28 June 2010, one year after the coup d’état. The consultation will represent the urgent will of the people to build true democracy and transform the system of injustice and repression established by the oligarchy.
2. We condemn the US government’s intervention in the internal affairs of our country, carried out through its ambassador, which vulgarly seeks to give a face of legitimacy to the de facto regime via a false national dialogue that ignores the Honduran majority’s rejection of the dictatorship.
3. We alert human rights organizations and the international community to the grave situation in which our compañeros and compañeras of the Unified Peasant Movement of Aguan (MUCA) find themselves, against whom a political and mediatic campaign is being conducted in order to discredit their just struggle for the right to work.
We hold Miguel Facussé Barjum and the de facto regime de Porfirio Lobo for any act of violence which is unleashed against this peasant community.
Likewise, we denounce the oligarchy’s media, especially the daily newspapers La Prensa and El Heraldo, owned by Jorge Canahuati Larach, and the television channels of Televicentro Corporation, owned by Rafael Ferrari, which seek to pass off popular leaders and working-class families as terrorists.
4. We reiterate that the FNRP condemns the offensive launched by the de facto regime against the working class and its representatives. We demand that trade union rights of our compañeros and compañeras of the Union of Workers of the National Autonomous University of Honduras be respected.
5. We convene the Second Summit for the Re-Foundation of Honduras, to be held in the city of La Esperanza, on 12-14 March. At this event, activities to plan and call for the National Constituent Assembly will be continued.
We will resist, and we will win!
4 March 2010